Friday, June 3, 2011

The Truth Behind the Photo

It begins with a new hair style.  I add this to be honest about one of my biggest challenges: I hate to have my picture taken. (I haven't always felt this way.)  In recent years, all I see are the wrinkles, the aging eyes (a hereditary trait out of my control), the roundness of my face that seems to have taken on a life of its own, and, as many women know, the look-at-my-hair reality.  Sadly, I also see the stress, the tinge of unhappiness, the insecurity ...

But that is about to change. (Remember my title.)  So I give you the new Krista.   I do think the top I'm wearing might be considered Parisan style, or at least I can hope.  I added the long bangs in hopes of hiding the slight bald spots along my temples that appear everytime I experience a great deal of stress. (It's ok to giggle a bit ... I do.)  And I have to chuckle, knowing that I will never be able to style my hair quite this nicely on my own, but at least I have a picture to remind me ...

Is is a bit ironic that my Lightbox appears in the background?

Europe awaits ...

No comments:

Post a Comment